Re: AllStar and DummyRepeater

Steve N4IRS

Tony,
Sorry, I did not see this when you posted. I have restored my old copy of the info on using DummyRepeater.
A you know, we no longer use this method to connect AllStar to D-Star. The files are at <https://github.com/N4IRS/DummyRepeater>

73, Steve N4IRS

On 8/2/20 5:21 AM, Tony Langdon wrote:
I'm looking to build a a gateway between AllStar and D-STAR, and I've
seen references to using DummyRepeater and IRCDDBGateway, instead of
Analog_Bridge.  This has the advantage for me of being able to repurpose
a blue DV Dongle to do the DSAMBE conversion, saving a bit of money and
postage time (postage is quite slow these days)

I am aware there is a modification for DummyRepeater that allows it to
use the USRP interface, making it a perfect fit for AllStar, and I have
the AllStar side configured.  However, from there, documentation seems
to be lacking, and I couldn't find the patch (found a dead Guthub link).

Anyone have any more info?