Re: Analog_Bridge Allstar Link Guidance

Steve N4IRS

Corey,
I'm betting you are still having issues with the ThumbDV on a RPi. I can suggest a few things.
Try a powered USB hub.
Try running on a X86 machine
Run Analog_Bridge in the foreground so you can watch the output. Analog_Bridge will report errors from the ThumbDV. I'm betting reset errors.
Run a LONG term test with AMBEtest4.py Run it verbose and take a look at line 198 to increase the number of iterations.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 12/28/2017 08:08 PM, Corey Badgley KC7MRQ wrote:
I've noticed a couple issues playing with the setup. The first was the thumbDV resetting after about 5 minutes of audio. I raised the input voltage and the reset problem appeared to go away.

The second issue is audio artifacts from DMR > ASL. The audio is broken like there are packet drops and a pretty large delay from the time the DMR station un keys till the audio is complete on the ASL side. for example, a 50+ second DMR transmission will have least a 10 second delay.

Any suggestions about the broken and delayed audio coming onto the ASL side?

Corey