Re: Allstar voice ID's

Patrick Perdue

A few things you can do:

In /etc/asterisk/rpt.conf:

1. Change the value of telemdefault. 0 = no telemetry, with the exception of initial connect failure messages, 1=on (default), 2=telemetry only for the first couple of minutes after you issue a command, like connect, disconnect, status, etc. If you use this method, and you connect to a busy network before a net, connect at least 10 minutes prior to the net.

2. Change the over-all gain of telemetry. There are two values here:

telemnomdb=0

changes the over-all volume of all telemetry. 0 is unity. Change to negative values to turn it down.

telemduckdb=-9Changes the volume of telemetry only when it occurs while someone is transmitting.

You may also want to make sure holdofftelem is set to 1. This insures that no telemetry happens until there are no transmissions.

As a side-note, this is also why I got rid of Allison and replaced her with a much faster voice, which is about 3.5 times the speed.

On 8/18/2020 8:46 AM, kj4gmu via groups.io wrote:
I am using DVSwitch Mobile to connect to my Allstar node. Is there a way to lower the volume of the vocal identification of nodes connecting and disconnecting, or completely silence them. When connected to a busy node it becomes quite annoying.

Thanks,
Jay
Kj4gmu