Re: DStar on DV Switch Mobile

Jeff Lehman, N8ACL

YEah I have heard a lot of people say the same thing with amber server.

I would look at setting up ambeserver and analog_bridge locally on a pi and then point the ip address and ports from your VPS to the local analog_bridge setup. That would be more reliable. I think (and I have not done this personally so someone please correct me) that you can setup something like DDNS or duckDNS locally if you have a dynamic IP on your home setup and use the url to point the IP address to your local setup.

Jeff

Jeff Lehman, N8ACL
E-mail: N8ACL@...
Hamshack Hotline: 4218
Website: https://n8acl.ddns.net

On Aug 24, 2020, at 8:44 AM, Patrick Perdue <patrick@...> wrote:

Not in the context of DVSM, but I ran a remote AMBEserver for Analog_Bridge for a while, ran into some problems and eventually scrapped it for md380emu, since I didn't care about DStar. My DStar bridge is strictly done with XLX and a pair of AMBE dongles, and I don't need outbound connectivity to DStar reflectors in my setup.

At the time, my AMBEserver running on a Pi was a good solid 2 to 3 ms ping from the VPS running DVSwitch. The datacenter was practically in my backyard. While it did work reliably sometimes, it would randomly drop, or have huge gaps between audio packets, so I eventually just gave it up as a bad job. Running Analog_Bridge and AMBEserver locally, or using the dongle directly connected to Analog_Bridge through /dev/ttyUSB0 worked fine, but I always had various problems using AMBEserver remotely with Analog_Bridge, at least when connecting back to Allstar. The network path was about as good as I could hope for, considering it was a remote connection to AMBEserver.

On 8/24/2020 8:33 AM, Tom Corcoran wrote:
Has anyone been able to get a remote AMBEserver working with DVSwitch running on a cloud server? I have an AMBEserver sitting on a RPi at my home and DVSwitch running on a cloud server. Made appropriate (?) changes to AB.ini but can’t seem to make the combination work. Advice?

--
Tx Tom VE3NY