Re: DVSwitch Server Raspberry Pi Image

On 23/10/20 9:53 am, Steve N4IRS wrote:
Tony,
You can go symlink which may be easier to see and understand. I would
suggest a single binary and multiple config files. for example
MMDVM_Bridge:

in /opt/MMDVM_Bridge you have the following:
MMDVM_Bridge (binary)
MMDVM_Bridge_1.ini
MMDVM_Bridge_2.ini

In your first systemd unit you would have for the exec line:
/opt/MMDVM_Bridge/MMDVM_Bridge /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/MMDVM_Bridge_1.ini

In your second systemd unit you would have for the exec line:
/opt/MMDVM_Bridge/MMDVM_Bridge /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/MMDVM_Bridge_2.ini

There is no right way or wrong way. I prefer the above method because
when I read the systemd unit file I can see exactly where things are.
That would work too, but I think replacing copies of the binaries with
symlinks would be easier with my setup.  Would save a lot of rejigging
of systemd units.

As you say, more than one way to skin a cat, and I can always change
things later, if it doesn't turn out as I expect. :)

--
73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com