Re: Setting the IP address on the Pi

Bob Brown

The same for as well this is the first time I have had an eth0 not be an eth0

but it is what worked for me YMMV

now this is an older pi2 or 3 I believe it was in the junque box

I was just trying this out to see how it worked. and testing the ease of set up instructions.

I say so far it was easy, except for the static IP part.

I will play with it some more tonight I may even try a different pi to see if it is common with a fresh image

Sm0ke

--
Thanks in Advance

   Bob, WØNQX

   Kansas City Metro Area

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see." Thomas Jefferson

On Wed, Nov 4, 2020 at 11:22 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
hmmm, for me it's eth0.

On 11/4/2020 12:16 PM, Bob Brown wrote:
I burned from the pi image on the web site in your original email announcement.

I used Balena-etcher for the write to card.

--
Thanks in Advance

   Bob, WØNQX

   Kansas City Metro Area

   http://drsm0ke.net

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see." Thomas Jefferson

On Wed, Nov 4, 2020 at 11:06 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Bob,
Is this the DVSwitch Server image or did you do a pat-get install
dvswitch-server on a running system?