No, you can install DVSwitch Server on ASL 1.01. You do not need a second RPi
Yes, you can have python 3.7 and 3.x on the same machine.
As to controlling DVSwitch with voice, if you can run a bash script and pass a parameter, you should be able to control DVSwitch Server.

On 11/9/20 5:24 PM, Neil k8it wrote:

Hi, I have two questions. Where  can I download switch.sh?  Is it included in the package allready released?  Question 2.  With a RPI3 plus, do I need two PI boards to run Allstar 1.0, DVSWITCH, Python 2.7 at the same time? The purpose of Python is to interface with remote USe GPIO.  IT allows me to have a low voltage data bus between a A    LLSTAR node and an Amazon Alexa Echo Dot.  I use the Dot Routine functions to control the bus, allowing voice commands for Allstar.  Now I want to expand it for the digital modes. As I am totatlly blind, the voice control is a huge help. It will also work for mobile users.

From: "Steve N4IRS" <szingman@msgstor.com>
Sent: Monday, November 09, 2020 8:10 AM
To: <main@DVSwitch.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] Controlling DVSwitch from AllStar

Tony,
I'm working out a issue with changing TGs now. I hope you have been using dvswitch.sh to control the server. If you have not, you need to be.
dvswitch.sh was built for just this thing in mind. I have to do a updated write up but here is most of it in message form. First, let's make sure you have the private node setup to work best with DVSwitch.
These are the recommended settings you should have. You may have other parameters:

[1XXX]
rxchannel = USRP/127.0.0.1:34001:32001  ; Use the USRP channel driver. Must be enabled in modules.conf
                    ; 127.0.0.1 = IP of the target application
                    ; 34001 = UDP port the target application is listening on
                    ; 32001 = UDP port ASL is listening on

duplex = 0          ; 0 = Half duplex with no telemetry tones or hang time. Ah, but Allison STILL talks!

hangtime = 0        ; squelch tail hang time 0
althangtime = 0     ; longer squelch tail hang time 0

holdofftelem = 1    ; Hold off all telemetry when signal is present on receiver or from connected nodes
                    ; except when an ID needs to be done and there is a signal coming from a connected node.

telemdefault = 0    ; 0 = telemetry output off. Don't send Allison to DMR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trust me.

telemdynamic = 0    ; 0 = disallow users to change the local telemetry setting with a COP command,

linktolink = no     ; disables forcing physical half-duplex operation of main repeater while
                    ; still keeping half-duplex semantics (optional)

nounkeyct = 1       ; Set to a 1 to eliminate courtesy tones and associated delays.

totime = 180000     ; transmit time-out time (in ms) (optional, default 3 minutes 180000 ms)

idrecording = |ie   ; id recording or morse string see http://ohnosec.org/drupal/node/87
idtalkover = |ie    ; Talkover ID (optional) default is none see http://ohnosec.org/drupal/node/129

Now, lets add some commands to control the modes from ASL. Add this to your [functions stanza]. I chose 0 as a first character since it's not used in the default ASL.

; mode commands sent via DTMF
00 = cmd, /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/dvswitch.sh ; unused
01 = cmd, /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/dvswitch.sh ; unused
02 = cmd, /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/dvswitch.sh ; unused
03 = cmd, /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/dvswitch.sh tune unlink  ; Unlink from last TG / reflector
04 = cmd, /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/dvswitch.sh mode DMR
05 = cmd, /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/dvswitch.sh mode DSTAR
06 = cmd, /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/dvswitch.sh mode YSF
07 = cmd, /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/dvswitch.sh mode P25
08 = cmd, /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/dvswitch.sh mode NXDN

To dial a TG number or reflector number, we need to pass a arbitrary number of string to dvswitch.sh

; This nice simple one line function (and dialplan) was written by Mike KB8JNM. It will allow you to pass arbitrary string of digits to a external script for processing.
; We are going to use this to pass a TG or reflector number (DMR, NXDN, P25 YSF) to Analog_Bridge so that you can change the TG you are connected to from the DTMF pad on your analog
; radio. Example: If you dial *093100 (read this as *09 3100) you can tell dvswitch.sh to tune to TG 3100 on the current digital mode.

09=autopatchup,context=tgtune,dialtime=90000,farenddisconnect=1,noct,quiet=1

Add this to extensions.conf This is a work in progress and I will post a update when I'm ready.

[tgtune]
exten = _X.,1,noop ; Wait,1
exten = _X.,n,System(/opt/MMDVM_Bridge/dvswitch.sh mute TLV)
exten = _X.,n,System(/opt/MMDVM_Bridge/dvswitch.sh tune ${EXTEN})
exten = _X.,n,System(/opt/MMDVM_Bridge/dvswitch.sh mute OFF)
exten = _X.,n,Hangup

On 11/8/2020 11:13 PM, Tony Langdon wrote:
I've installed an instance of DVSwitch on my AllStar node, and I've been
able to link it to Brandmeister and select talkgroups from the commend
line.  I'm yet to get it working via AllStar commands.  The USRP
interface is working well.  I have it running on a private node, so I
can isolate the digital gateway from the node, when it's not in use by
disconnecting the private node from my main AllStar node.

In addition to getting the AllStar side working (for future control from
remote stations), I'd also like to be able to link to the other modes -
YSF, P25, etc, again ideally using DTMF comands.

Is there any documentation that I can look up?  I am running ASL and
DVSwitch on a Debian 9 PC.

https://www.avg.com