Re: M17 to ASL

Skyler Fennell

Copy,

The mode kinda sucks anyway, I love the codec being open source but it sounds like garbage, my ears have to strain to understand some people depending on if their voice fits the codecs ideals.

We need a mode that runs 8-10kbps over ham radio, the bands are wide open, there's no traffic and we have plenty of bandwidth on UHF for example. We're not commercial, and not running out of space.

Sure, we might be running out of repeater coordinations in large cities but just because we have full coordinations, does not mean people are using them...

I would love to see an implementation of G.729 or similar directly over RF.

On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 9:08 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
No

On 11/15/20 11:01 AM, Skyler Fennell wrote:
Is there a solution to bridge M17 to ASL?