Re: Configuring DVSwitch Mobile to access own AllStarLink node

Steve N4IRS

Both the ASL and HAMVOIP examples do not use the IAXRPT stanza, The ASL uses iaxclient and the HAMVOIP example uses joe-bobs-account That is the sample you should use. Yes, in both cases for DVSM, the type is friend. IAXRPT is used for the Windows client.
ASL uses the iax-client stanza in extensions.conf and HAMVOIP uses android-iaxrpt

Since you are using HAMVOIP, I would suggest you use the sample laid out in the document.

Steve N4IRS

On 11/19/20 9:38 PM, lcm@... wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

This is the section where the 1998 needed to be changed to my node number:

[phone-iaxrpt]    ;;; Stanza is the context from iax.conf
exten => 42437,1,Answer
exten => 42437,n,Playback,rpt/node
exten => 42437,n,Playback,digits/1
exten => 42437,n,Playback,digits/9
exten => 42437,n,Playback,digits/9
exten => 42437,n,Playback,digits/8
exten => 42437,n,Set(CALLERID(num)=0)
exten => 42437,n,Rpt,1998|P|${CALLERID(name)} ;;; The "CallerID" from IAXRpt

I can show you the logs. Where will I find the log files in the dir structure?

I did some more troubleshooting and it seems to be related to the type setting.  When I change type=user to "friend" in the iax.conf [iaxrpt] stanza it will allow the app to connect using the iaxrpt user without throwing an error suggesting that there may be some issue with using the app to connect as a "user." Not sure the implications of that.

Example:

[iaxrpt]
user=iaxrpt
type=user friend