Re: Security password on Brandmeister

Patrick Perdue

You only need to change the

password=passw0rd

line in the [DMR Network] stanza of MMDVM_Bridge.ini for any DVSwitch instance, replacing it with the hotspot security password you've set up on the Brandmeister self-care dashboard.

AFAIK, this change doesn't affect repeater ID's yet, just personal CCS7.

So, you shouldn't need to make any changes to your MMDVM repeater at this time, assuming you are using a six digit repeater ID.

On 11/25/2020 11:14 PM, Steve - WB8GRS wrote:

I read elsewhere that Brandmeister Hotspot Users must configure hotspot security password to continue using Brandmeister.  This affect masters 3101, 3102 and 3103 and I assume many other masters. This starts to take affect on Nov 30, 2020.  I have both an Android to DMR and Allstar to DMR bridges running as well as a couple DMR hotspots and a MMDVM DMR repeater on Brandmeister..  Do I need to add a security password to my Android to DMR bridge that I use with DV Switch and to my Allstar to DMR bridge in order to stay logged into Brandmeister, and if yes, how do I do that?

If I need to ask this in a subgroup, please let me know which one.

Thanks,
73,
Steve_WB8GRS