Re: metadata management

On 26/11/20 11:51 am, Steve N4IRS wrote:
So,
you have D-Star, DMR and AllStar.
If you used AllStar to mix you could keep the number of vocoders to
two and only have one transcoder. For the audio, you would have 2
private nodes. The first node would be DMR and pointed at TGIF. The
second node would be D-Star and pointed at XLX.  As you said in your
first message, you issue would then be metadata.
This is where my system is at.  I have it arranged around an instance of
AllStar (except for DMR - YSF, which uses its own instance of
MMDVM_Bridge, and no transcoding).  Audio wise, my system works well and
maintains good quality (because I transcode as few times as possible,
regardless of path), but it would be nice to have a way of passing
metadata "around" AllStar when going between digital modes that are
using different vocoders, without handling audio, to account for cases
like mine.

--
73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com