Re: metadata management

On 27/11/20 5:42 am, k7wby@arrl.net wrote:
Here's a bit of advice, take it for what it's worth.
If you're thinking of linking your other modes to a currently active
P25 Reflector, don't. You will be chastised to no end and probably
banned from that reflector for life.
I setup my own P25 reflector for my DVSwitch system to connect to, so I
wouldn't upset anyone else.  Got it registered and it can be reached by
any hotspot with up to date hosts files.

The only solution you have is a P25Gateway and P25Reflector with a
private TG. I did that for a while and had 0 users. I provided
instructions on how to update the P25Hosts.txt files on their hotspots
but I guess that was
Or do as I did and get G4KLX to put your reflector into the public hosts
file.  Just takes a "feature request" in the right Git repository.
more work than they wanted to do. In the end I took down the reflector
and gateway and just told them to use their hotspots in P252DMR mode
and connect to my XLX reflector. I have a interlink to BM3103 on the
XLX. Now I have P25 users and the meta data is not an issue.
Hmm P252DMR - that sounds like it would only work on an OpenSpot 3.
This isn't possible on a Pi-Star based hotspot, because it requires
transcoding.

--
73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com