Re: Adding P25 to existing YSF and DMR bridge

Steve N4IRS

Gary,
Think of it this way. What modes do you need? MB can do each of the modes, once.
You have a YSF <-> DMR
You want to do P25 <-> DMR

A P25 to DMR Bridge is one instance of MB and 2 instances of AB (the transcoder)

In you YSF <-> DMR bridge, you cross connected the TLV ports. In you P25 <-> DMR bridge that cross connect needs to go through a transcoder.
Think if it as 2 networks. P25 <-> AB and DMR <-> AB This is a single instance of MB and 2 instances of AB. Now, connect the 2 AB together at the USRP ports.
You have a transcoder.

On 11/28/20 6:43 AM, Gary, KE8O wrote:
OK, I think I have my head wrapped around the AB side but I'm not sure on the number of MB instances.  Below is how I currently have my /opt folder setup.

According to Steve's response and the port flow I need two AB instances for the DMR<--> P25 and one MB instance. Is that one MB instance my existing YSF/DMR instance or in addition ?