locked sticky Notice to all DVSwitch users. #brandmeister

Steve N4IRS

This was posted a few days ago by N3FE

Due to issues that have been happening recently, we are going to need to start requiring users to set a hotspot security password to gain access to the US Masters.  If you already have a hotspot security password set on the BM portal, you can ignore this post. We are going to start requiring this on master 3101 November 30th,  3102 will follow on December 4th, and 3103 on December 11th.  This is already implemented on the RU masters, and other Master servers will follow. At this time this will just be for hotspots.  The API is being worked on to allow repeater owners to make this change as well, but it is not quite ready to go.
Here is a link to a post on how to set your hotspot security on the bm portal. Please configure a personalized security password for your hotspots !

What does this mean for DVSwitch users? If you have a bridge or server connecting to BrandMeister, you will need to have set your HS password. Up till now, a user could use the default password and connect to BM. With the above change, you will need to set your own password. This is one password per CallSign/DMRID. If you have 2 DMR IDs you will need to set 2 passwords.

We HIGHLY suggest you set your HS passwords now. That way when the changes are applied across BM, you will not loose connectivity.