level differences between YSF and DMR (again)

Patrick Perdue

Hi:

I'm sure this has been brought up before.

I have a system using DVSwitch, which involves an XLX reflector. Currently, the XLX module to which DVSwitch is connected is also configured as an autolinked YSF reflector. HBlink connects to that reflector, and MMDVM_Bridge connects to HBlink, with my XLX reflector as one peer and TGIF as another.

The YSF reflector on XLX is rarely used compared to DStar and especially DMR, which is the most popular digital mode on the system, but I am told that audio level is significantly higher for audio received by YSF connected clients than DMR, regardless of if the source is ASL or some other mode. I'm already running the gain from ASL to digital below unity (0.38, I think) to avoid distortion. This seems to work well for DMR even with hot analog audio. So, my question is, other than perhaps moving YSF traffic to another module on the reflector, then using an instance of Analog_Bridge to route everything destined for YSF through ASL and turning the gain down on that stage, then pointing YSF outbound traffic back to the original MMDVM_Bridge instead of a second ASL private node to avoid transcoding, since there seems to be no problem in that direction, is there anything I can do about this? I assume probably not, but I honestly haven't paid too much attention to YSF implementation of DVSwitch, since I'm not actually using it to provide YSF connectivity at the moment.