Re: error no node connection

Steve N4IRS

Follow the document.

On 12/2/20 9:29 PM, Jed Barton wrote:
Haha, any ideas of what we should do? I know it's connecting, but it
just speaks node number 1998, then disconnects.

On 12/2/20, Steve N4IRS <szingman@msgstor.com> wrote:
I have seen this way too often. HAMVOIP is stupid. They hard code node
number 1998 rather then using a variable. This forces the user to edit
the stanza rather then a simple variable. For a system that claims to be
smarter then ASL, not so much.

In my not so humble opinion.

Steve N4IRS

On 12/2/20 9:20 PM, Jed Barton wrote:
roger that. stand by. we'll take a look. just wasn't sure if it was
something in the node itself.

On 12/2/20, Steve N4IRS <szingman@msgstor.com> wrote:
I assume it HAMVOIP. This is from them
<https://hamvoip.org/howto/iaxrpt-config.pdf> Start at page 6.

On 12/2/20 9:02 PM, Jed Barton wrote:
Hey guys,

Trying to help my friend setup his dvswitch client on android to
connect to his allstar node. So when he connects, it just says node
1998. What does he need to do? I forgot?
The voice speaks node number 1998.
Cheers,

Jed