Re: hb_confbridge configuration

Stephen Brown - K1LNX

Oh yes... I do, I should have mentioned that. 

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 10:55 AM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Do you have TG 3100 setup as static on the self care page for that DMR ID?

On 1/24/2018 10:47 AM, Stephen Brown - K1LNX wrote:
Thanks Steve and Cort, 

In that case you need multiple “master” instances set up and use the rules to bridge between them.

I suspected maybe this was the case, so thanks for clarifying. 

Are you running hblink.py or hb_confbridge.py? hb_confbridge.py sub-class' (or calls if you wish) hblink.py

I am running hb_confbridge.py. I understand the first piece now, but concerning the second piece (Brandmeister) should I be seeing traffic using the configuration I have? 

Thanks, 
Stephen
K1LNX

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 10:48 AM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Stephen,
Are you running hblink.py or hb_confbridge.py? hb_confbridge.py sub-class' (or calls if you wish) hblink.py

Steve

On 1/24/2018 10:36 AM, Stephen Brown - K1LNX wrote:
Hi guys, 
    I am getting my feet wet with HBlink and doing some minimal testing. I had some questions on a few things: 

For starters, one planned use of a master is for my hotspots only, as such I have defined this: 

# hotspots
[K1LNX-HOTSPOTS-MASTER]
MODE: MASTER
ENABLED: True
REPEAT: False
EXPORT_AMBE: False
IP:
PORT: 57890
PASSPHRASE: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
GROUP_HANGTIME: 5

If I specify explicit bridging rules in hb_confbridge_rules.py, can I leave REPEAT: set to False? My understanding is that if it's set to TRUE it routes all traffic regardless. I am trying to explicitly route certain talkgroups to and from this master with 2-3 hotspots connected. Here is what I set in hb_confbridge_rules.py (note, K1LNX-REPEATERS-MASTER is another system built identical to the HOTSPOTS master):

BRIDGES = {
    'LNXNET': [
            {'SYSTEM': 'K1LNX-HOTSPOTS-MASTER', 'TS': 2, 'TGID': 5780, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': []},
            {'SYSTEM': 'K1LNX-REPEATERS-MASTER', 'TS': 1, 'TGID': 5780, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': []}
        ],

I don't have any ability to test this yet, but I assume this will work as configured? I think this will pass traffic from "K1LNX-HOTSPOTS-MASTER" to "K1LNX-REPEATERS-MASTER" but what about passing to directly connected clients on the HOTSPOTS master? 

Next question is concerning a client connection to Brandmeister. I created a client in hblink.cfg: 

# Brandmeister 3108
[BM-3108]
MODE: CLIENT
ENABLED: True
EXPORT_AMBE: False
IP:
PORT: 62030
MASTER_PORT: 62031
PASSPHRASE: xxxxxxxxxx
CALLSIGN: K1LNX
RADIO_ID: xxxxxxxxx
RX_FREQ: 436500000
TX_FREQ: 436500000
TX_POWER: 1
COLORCODE: 1
SLOTS: 2
LATITUDE: 035.9617
LONGITUDE: -083.9234
HEIGHT: 0
DESCRIPTION: K1LNX MMDVM
URL:
SOFTWARE_ID: 20170620
PACKAGE_ID: MMDVM
GROUP_HANGTIME: 5
OPTIONS: 

It seems to login to the server with no issues, so I created an entry for 3100 for testing to see if I can get traffic: 

'BM-3100': [
            {'SYSTEM': 'K1LNX-HOTSPOTS-MASTER', 'TS': 2, 'TGID': 3100, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': []},
            {'SYSTEM': 'BM-3108', 'TS': 2, 'TGID': 3100, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': []},
    ]

I connected my OpenSPOT to the HOTSPOTS master, but I do not appear to be getting traffic from 3100. 

Do my configs look correct? Should this work as-is? 

tnx and 73
Stephen
K1LNX

Join main@DVSwitch.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.