Current Best-Practices for Linking with Brandmeister

J M

What are the current best practices for setting up a link with Brandmeister to do a three-way transcode between DMR, YSF, and D-STAR? We’ve been running XLX330/311070/#83603 for awhile know using xlxd to support D-STAR and DMR and YSFReflector for YSF and linking the two with MMDVMBridge. Currently we’re using ambed for the transcoder with a 3-chip DVstick33. We’ve been seeing a lot of instability with the BM link/transcoding which also messes up the YSF connection. Getting tired of having to play “restart the services to find which one failed”.

  1. What is the current best way to link to BrandMeister?

  1. Is there a better way to utilize the AMBE DVStick33 dongle than ambed? Ambed “Wastes” one of the chips in the dongle because it can only initialize them in pairs.

We’re open to redoing all the pieces, but I’m not finding a clear picture particularly on how to integrate with BM DMR.

Thanks.

N8EI