Re: ASL <-> D-Star <-> xlxd

On 20/12/20 1:56 pm, Steve N4IRS wrote:
As I found, without 127.0.0.1 xlxd is not listening on any UDP ports.
I did not think xlxd HAD to be used with a vocoder if all it was to do
is be a D-Star reflector.
Not high on my list of things to care about, I was just playing and or
bringing up a test D-Star or DMR or YSF reflector.
You are correct, xlxd doesn't need the AMBE chip or server, unless you
actually want to transcode.  I'm running an xlxd reflector without the
AMBE transcoder.  I am using primarily two modules.  One is for D-STAR
on my multimode gateway (XLX432 D) and another is a YSF reflector.
Other than the YSF channel, the rest are available for D-STAR use.

--
73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com