Re: WA3XYZ PL 88.5 Announcement #mmdvm_bridge #analog_bridge

Steve N4IRS

It may have been I set the ID string to empty rather then commenting out the line. I'll test and adjust the example if needed.

Thanks, Steve

On 12/27/20 2:42 PM, Patrick Perdue wrote:

And I can tell you from experience, having done it on four different bridges, that it doesn't do anything at all if idrecording and idtalkover aren't defined.

I originally used your example because I thought it would do that as well, but after being annoyed by a dit coming across USRP, holding things up on a pretty busy talkgroup every time it happened, I just commented those lines out, and it went away with no consequence.

On 12/27/2020 2:39 PM, Steve N4IRS wrote:
I disagree, I'll check it again. I believe if app_rpt does not find the entry it will default to ID.

On 12/27/20 2:36 PM, Patrick Perdue wrote:

No, it definitely won't even try to send an ID if that line is commented out, so there's really no point in having it there in the first place on a USRP bridge.

On 12/27/2020 2:34 PM, Steve N4IRS wrote:

I think it will send "ID" if you comment it out.

On 12/27/20 2:33 PM, Patrick Perdue wrote:

Just comment the line out entirely. It isn't needed. Not even a dit.

On 12/27/2020 2:28 PM, Steve N4IRS wrote:
totime = 180000 ; transmit time-out time (in ms) (default 3 min 180000 ms)
idrecording = |ie ; id recording or morse string
idtalkover = |ie ; Talkover ID (optional) default is none

It's going to send a ID to USRP. So, make it a E (dit)