Re: Interface Icom D-Star repeater to DVSwitch?

Steve N4IRS

Jim,
Let me start with, I don't have a clue. That being said, if anything MAYBE you can use the installation of ircDDBGateway on DVSwitch Server as a way to access the network. I would suggest researching Icom repeater and ircDDBGateway. Maybe someone has more info.

Steve N4IRS

On 12/31/20 4:20 PM, Jim Kusznir wrote:
Hello:

I'm probably off-base here, but hopefully someone can point me in the right direction...

I have an Icom D-Star DV repeater (eg, ID-RP4000V and ID-RP2C).  The gateway software (which apparently requires Centos 5!) seems to not have been updated in a decade or so....But I'm not finding any other instructions on how to enable this perfectly good hardware to participate in a D-Star network.

Can a component of DV Switch provide the IP interface that the controller is looking for to allow this RF system to be fully D-Star enabled (connected)?  If not, is there another project or direction I should look before trying to build a Centos 5 VM and find the ancient versions of software that the Icom CD that shipped with the repeater requires?

I greatly appreciate your help!
Thanks!
--Jim, K7LL