Re: Interface Icom D-Star repeater to DVSwitch?

Jeff Lehman, N8ACL

Hi Jim!

So it’s been a while since I dinked with a d-star machine, but I can at least tell you “from what I remember”. It does require Centos, but with the updates to ircddbgateway, you MAY be able to update to a newer version of Centos. However, to be able to handle the registrations and user database, I believe you still need to have the gateway installed on the computer running everything. Now here is where I also get into i don’t know. I don’t remember if ircddbgateway is what handled that or not. I don’t believe so. There may be an updated version of the old registration gateway software that may be able to be used, but that would take some research. But I do know that that piece was needed for the user database and registering the repeater on the network.

Your mileage may vary at this point. Like I said it’s been since d-star first made its appearance that I messed with it. So updates may have been put out,  it I have not followed it in a while.

Jeff

On Dec 31, 2020, at 16:28, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

 Jim,
Let me start with, I don't have a clue. That being said, if anything MAYBE you can use the installation of ircDDBGateway on DVSwitch Server as a way to access the network. I would suggest researching Icom repeater and ircDDBGateway. Maybe someone has more info.

Steve N4IRS

On 12/31/20 4:20 PM, Jim Kusznir wrote:
Hello:

I'm probably off-base here, but hopefully someone can point me in the right direction...

I have an Icom D-Star DV repeater (eg, ID-RP4000V and ID-RP2C).  The gateway software (which apparently requires Centos 5!) seems to not have been updated in a decade or so....But I'm not finding any other instructions on how to enable this perfectly good hardware to participate in a D-Star network.

Can a component of DV Switch provide the IP interface that the controller is looking for to allow this RF system to be fully D-Star enabled (connected)?  If not, is there another project or direction I should look before trying to build a Centos 5 VM and find the ancient versions of software that the Icom CD that shipped with the repeater requires?

I greatly appreciate your help!
Thanks!
--Jim, K7LL