Re: Invalid command from BrandMeister #brandmeister

Steven Blackford

I find that odd as well, since I know I’ve had multiple conversations about using HBlink with the Brandmeister Network and have setup multiple connections to it for various bridges.  Mark, Corey, Steve, Rudy, etc have been nothing but supportive & helpful.  In fact, they’ve been very encouraging as well.  Some people might be against all the different aspects of linking things together, but I’d say the BM Team has been great!  So I appreciate the things everyone involved has done!  73 de Steve, K4SQI!

Steve, K4SQI 

Sent: Sunday, February 4, 2018 2:39 PM
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] Invalid command from BrandMeister #brandmeister

I have never had them tell me to not use HB. I don't see a reason to ask again. Nor do I think we need to discourage people from using it.

On 02/04/2018 02:34 PM, Cort N0MJS wrote:

Steve, might you ask them about it, or should we just leave it alone? My stance has been to just sorta leave it alone and not *encourage* people doing it.

On Feb 4, 2018, at 1:33 PM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

I have never been told by Artem or Rudy not to use HB to connect to BM. Thry sre well aware that quite a few people are using HB to connect an number of devices and protocols to BM.

Stevew N4IRS

On 02/04/2018 02:18 PM, Peter M0NWI wrote:

I was thinking the same Cort, do the Zingmen know any different?

Sent from Outlook

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>
Sent: 04 February 2018 14:31:12
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] Invalid command from BrandMeister #brandmeister

The reason you don’t see me getting too involved in connecting to Brandmeister is that, when I first released HBLink, Brandmeister had prohibited the use of HBlink to connect to their servers/network. I know many folks do it. And I have never heard anything more from Brandmeister on it. But please be aware, the last thing I did hear was that this was not allowed.

> On Feb 4, 2018, at 3:34 AM, Veijo Arponen, OH3NFC <oh3nfc@...> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Communication with BM servers works despite of the error I have reported on this issue. I was just testing HB Conference Bridge and I got it work. Time has passed but I may have the configuration somewhere on my test computer. I'll check and send it as a reference if you don't get your system working. In my system was connected two SharkRF openSPOTs and there were three separate client connections to BrandMeister servers in Finland, Sweden and Hungary.
>
> Please reply to this message or directly to me if you are willing to have my config files as reference.
>
> 73 de Veijo OH3NFC
>
>
>

--
Cort Buffington
H: +1-785-813-1501
M: +1-785-865-7206

--

Cort Buffington

H: +1-785-813-1501

M: +1-785-865-7206

Join main@DVSwitch.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.