Re: XLX Reflector

On 5/1/21 4:41 pm, N4UPC - Scott via groups.io wrote:
I am looking into installing an XLX reflector. Would it be possible to
run this on the same server as DVSwitch? Also what are the advantages
of using an XLX reflector with DVSwitch?
I had to put my reflector on a different host, because xlxd and
ircDDBGateway listen on the same UDP ports.  My DVSwitch setup requires
ircDDBGateway, which I'm using for D-STAR, along with DummyRepeater,
because this combination is compatible with the old blue DV Dongle that
I had on hand.

But I notice that my stock DVSwitch installation on my AllStar node also
runs ircDDBGateway, so I'd say definitely run xlxd on a different host,
unless you're not planning on doing D-STAR.

I’ve found a few sites that tell you how to build XLX reflectors, but
none yet that tell you why you’d want one.
Uses for XLX reflectors:

1.  host multiple D-STAR channels (up to 26)
2.  Host a YSF reflector on the same host
3.  Host a DMR reflector...
4.  Transcode between the 3 modes (requires an AMBE 3000 based device
per simultaneous transcoding channel)
5.  Link to other XLX reflectors to increase capacity and reliability.

My XLX reflector has 26 channels.  One is dedicated to YSF, and one
channel is permanently linked to my transcoding DV Switch server (XLX432 D).

--
73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com