Re: Hytera DMR Gateway

Peter M0NWI

1st – this is a volunteer project, no one needs shouting at.

2nd – As I understand it when I last did this some years ago (not had access to a Hytera for a long time!), the DMRGateway binary only converts the Hytera protocol to MMDVM protocol, and so you’ll need to connect that to a bridge, be that DVSwitch Server, HBLink or BM direct.  CBridge doesn’t talk MMDVM, so you’d need to convert MMDVM to IPSC using DVSwitch.

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> On Behalf Of D B
Sent: 14 January 2021 08:24
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] Hytera DMR Gateway

Ok gentle men. I watched the video above. I build the jessie light PI as he described. I added the two Hytera gateway folders as he described?
(BUT) at the end of his video he quickly mentions a blurb about he connected it to his HP or HB server?  My question to all that have a (WORKING)
gateway to their Hytera only repeater? but not through any other stuff like BM or cbridge. would you help us all by?
Telling us how you personally did it.
1 what flavor of linux.
2 did you use the Hytera GW files from the video ? if not what did you use?
3 is your PI linked either by LAN or WAN to the Hytera directly with out other servers and devices in slave mode?
4 are you using dvswitch / hblink or some other software package?
5 what version of firmware AND what model Hytera are you using?
6 what software are you using on your PC or phone to connect to the mmdvm network? To talk to the network?
Please only respond if YOU have a WORKING system! We don't need anyone speculating their thoughts that (MAY OR MAY NOT) work.
Thanks
I think we all want to tweak the wheel not re invent it from scratch.