Re: DStar Message

Mike Zingman - N4IRR

Mike,

Your original question was can I change CALLSIGN / DVSW to something else.  Well, No, your callsign is a required field in the protocol and most networks verify that it is valid and allowed.  The /DVSW field is optional, but is limited to 4 characters and most DSTAR users set this to the radio that they are using (ID51, etc).  Since you are using DVSwitch Server, I set this to conform to the norm.

Now, you say that you are getting what looks like garbage and NOT callsign/DVSW?  I have not seen that and would like to see your MB logs surrounding a short transmission.

Mike