command for tuning YSF with Allstar

Brent Harding

Hi there! I have been enjoying using the DVSwitch software to bridge my Allstar node into the digital modes. I followed one of the documents to then add function commands so I can switch modes and talk groups, and it works reasonably well for TGIF and Brandmeister on DMR. I ended up implementing the DVSwitch side of things on a cloud-based Allstar node because I didn’t want to go down the Hamvoip rabbit hole and mess up my Clear Node. Also, I am an iPhone user, so, this is the only way I know of to access the digital modes, and I control that with commands sent through Zoiper. Then, I found some nets that are on Fusion, such as the Saturday net on America Link. I had made my *00 command, after hitting *06 to switch to YSF, hard coded to what was the current hostname and port to Americalink. That worked OK until the reflector address must’ve changed hostnames, and one week I got some other QSO, and the next week, I got nothing. Looking it up on the ysf reflector website list told me that my problem was an address that changed. How can I, using the dvswitch.sh tune command, tune to these with a command that will look up the current address and use it? It is kind of tedious to look up hostnames when someone mentions a reflector a net is on, or I otherwise find it online. Is that even available with the commandline scripts, or am I stuck having to make rpt.conf functions that contain each hostname/port to tune to and hope they don’t change ty the time I call them up?

Thanks