Re: command for tuning YSF with Allstar

Brent Harding

Hmmm, so, on the commandline, I tried tune 810200, and nothing happens. The dashboard doesn’t change, and my ysfgateway log file doesn’t update to show that I connected. There must’ve been something that messed up. The mmdvm log accepts the command and acknowledges changing to the reflector ID as a talk group instead. Hmmm

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve N4IRS
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2021 7:24 AM
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] command for tuning YSF with Allstar

Brent,
You can also tune to a YSF reflector using the reflector ID number. You can find the ID number at <https://register.ysfreflector.de/>
For example The DVSwitch reflector ID number is 10200. For YSF reflectors you want to add a 8 in front of the ID.
Change modes to YSF
enter 810200 in he dial string.
You are connected to the DVSwitch YSF reflector.

Hope this helps,
73, Steve N4IRS

On 1/21/2021 11:50 PM, Brent Harding wrote:

Hi there! I have been enjoying using the DVSwitch software to bridge my Allstar node into the digital modes. I followed one of the documents to then add function commands so I can switch modes and talk groups, and it works reasonably well for TGIF and Brandmeister on DMR. I ended up implementing the DVSwitch side of things on a cloud-based Allstar node because I didn’t want to go down the Hamvoip rabbit hole and mess up my Clear Node. Also, I am an iPhone user, so, this is the only way I know of to access the digital modes, and I control that with commands sent through Zoiper. Then, I found some nets that are on Fusion, such as the Saturday net on America Link. I had made my *00 command, after hitting *06 to switch to YSF, hard coded to what was the current hostname and port to Americalink. That worked OK until the reflector address must’ve changed hostnames, and one week I got some other QSO, and the next week, I got nothing. Looking it up on the ysf reflector website list told me that my problem was an address that changed. How can I, using the dvswitch.sh tune command, tune to these with a command that will look up the current address and use it? It is kind of tedious to look up hostnames when someone mentions a reflector a net is on, or I otherwise find it online. Is that even available with the commandline scripts, or am I stuck having to make rpt.conf functions that contain each hostname/port to tune to and hope they don’t change ty the time I call them up?

Thanks