Re: Need help please have issues with connecting to 1999

Steve N4IRS

Mike,
Lets move the discussion of a scheme for private node numbers to the AllStarLink subgroup.

On 1/29/21 5:12 PM, Mike KB8JNM wrote:

Could it be that a node you were connected to or a node connected to you also had a 1999 private node ?

If so, it will not allow you to connect as long as one is present in the 'connected network'.

Suggest using a odd number like 1325. everyone seems to use 1999 for there first private node.

Something to look for next time.

On 1/29/2021 5:02 PM, Vince Pimentel wrote:

Yep, looks good.

[radio-secure]

exten => ${NODE},1,rpt,${NODE}

exten => ${NODE1},1,rpt,${NODE1}

The auto connect on boot works fine and that is done via macro *31999 in rpt.conf so I'm confused as to why it won't connect after a disconnect.

startup_macro = *31999

I've also searched through the logs for 1999 and the only relevant lines that come back are

/var/log/asterisk/messages.1:[Jan 28 18:51:19] NOTICE[480] app_rpt.c: Normal Repeater Init  1999

/var/log/asterisk/messages.1:[Jan 28 20:01:16] NOTICE[480] app_rpt.c: Normal Repeater Init  1999

/var/log/asterisk/messages.1:[Jan 29 02:30:16] NOTICE[481] app_rpt.c: Normal Repeater Init  1999

Which seem to be normal for boot.

Welp, I just tried to connect to it again to see if I could get anything to show in the logs that would easier to find and it worked. Disconnected and reconnected like 5 times with success. No file changes, reboots or anything like that.

Thanks for the replies and help but it's a mystery still. Will see if I can learn anything more if it happens again. Any further thoughts or things to check/confirm are welcome but with it working. We won't be able to confirm that it was a fix.

Until it acts up again.
73