Re: New Install of DVSwich

N9UMJ

Fantastic...You've done a great job with DV Switch, It's been a reliable product, Other than montly updates to the old server , I havent had much time to follow the progress of the product.
thank You for your help.

Rick n9umj

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 10:50 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
It is installed when you install dvswitch-server.

On 2/4/2021 10:49 AM, N9UMJ wrote:
Thanks Steve

I just ran the upgrade to the debian server this morning and preparing the vps for DV Switch, I see there is a dashboard available, Irs that something that can be added as well to the install and available as a remote view?

Rick n9umj

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 10:45 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Make sure you install is up to date
     apt update
    apt upgrade
    if updates were installed, reboot

Add the dvswitch repository
    wget http://dvswitch.org/buster
    chmod +x buster
    ./buster

Make sure you have added the repository
    apt update
    look for "deb http://dvswitch.org/DVSwitch_Repository hamradio" in the output

Verify programs are now installable

apt install dvswitch-server --dry-run
    any errors reported?

Install DVSwitch Server
    apt install dvswitch-server
    errors? stop and ask
    run the dvs menu to configure DVSwitch Server

Configure DVSwitch Server to taste.

Steve

On 2/4/2021 10:42 AM, N9UMJ wrote:
Hi Steve

What is the recommended download and install method? I thought I saw where there was a DV Switch installer available?

I have some idle time and would like to condense everything to on vps.

Thanks

Rick n9umj

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 10:36 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
The base install is pre-configured for a Mobile user. That does not stop you from re-configuring as you see fit. All the components are installed.
I hope that answers your question.

Steve N4IRS

On 2/4/2021 10:32 AM, N9UMJ wrote:
I'm running an older version of DV Switch on a vps, I would like to install it on a different VPS, I'm running Ubuntu on the old VPS and DV Switch and Running Debian Stretch on the New VPS.
If I made a fresh install on the Debian Stretch VPS what would be the best install process for this? I see there are new features and repo's available.

The current original version I'm using supports a multi repeater linked network...I looked at DV server and it appeared to be just for use with an individual  mobile user.
Please recommend the best method of making the change.

Thank You
Rick n9umj