Re: New Install of DVSwich

N9UMJ

I'm wanting to DMR , C4FM and NXDN to transcode to Ambe at the XLX server if thats possibl;e, The XLX and DVSwitch will be at the same VPS , but the vocoder will be at my physical location with the vocoder,
If possible I want to map the two, If thats possible with DVSwitch.

I'm relatively new with Ambe and know more than I ever imagined I would want to know about. We have several Dstar users in the area that would like to blow the dust off of their radios, We built an MMDVM linked repeater system that covers the same area as our Analog network..That's how we have been using DVSwitch for the last 4 years, We want to now use the vocoders to convert the NXDN, DMR and C4FM to the Ambe XLX . and wanting to use DVSwitch, if possible to do all of the heavy lifting between servers.

DVSwitch has already been configured and working flawlessly for 4 years..Now were wanting to transcode Dstar into the mix...Sorry for any confusion...I am interested in analog..But not untill I get past the ambe vocoding curve.

Thanks

Rick n9umj

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 1:28 PM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Rick,
I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do? Maybe what is the end result?

On 2/4/2021 1:26 PM, N9UMJ wrote:

Hi Steve

I have a DV3003 and want only to use it Ambe to DMR or Ambe to YSF, Does it still build in Analog Bridge?
Analog to digital will come later , I see where ASL is used but would prefer not to use it if possible.

Is there a working Ambe to digital config file I could look at to see what and how it should look? Just trying to wrap my head around it...I'm better with hardware than software but with a a visual and a poke with a sharp stick, I can typically work my way through it

Thanks you for your patience and help.

Rick n9umj

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 12:54 PM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Analog_Bridge is the only DVSwitch component that uses a Vocoder.

Steve

On 2/4/2021 12:51 PM, N9UMJ wrote:
Thanks Steve , I'll look there and see if it's running
OHH?? Analog_Bridge for ambe? interesting?

Rick

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 12:25 PM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
The dashboard is installed in /var/www/html The web server is lighttpd. Is the process running?
You can address the location of AMBE Server in Analog_Bridge.ini

Steve

On 2/4/2021 11:56 AM, N9UMJ wrote:
Very nice...Smooth build ! I have my XLX reflector on this VPS as well but my transcoder is at another IP address..How would this map through to the transcoder to DVswitch?
Didnt  find the dashboard?  May have overlooked it?

after the build I'll direct my BM TG to the XLX , The ambe is all that see's the trancoder..
Just not sure how DVSwitch should map for transcoder ...If it does at all?? .127.0001 will map to the XLX to DVSwitch.
I've not done this yet. The XLX has only been used for Dstar up to now.

Thanks

Rick n9umj

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 10:45 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Make sure you install is up to date
     apt update
    apt upgrade
    if updates were installed, reboot

Add the dvswitch repository
    wget http://dvswitch.org/buster
    chmod +x buster
    ./buster

Make sure you have added the repository
    apt update
    look for "deb http://dvswitch.org/DVSwitch_Repository hamradio" in the output

Verify programs are now installable

apt install dvswitch-server --dry-run
    any errors reported?

Install DVSwitch Server
    apt install dvswitch-server
    errors? stop and ask
    run the dvs menu to configure DVSwitch Server

Configure DVSwitch Server to taste.

Steve

On 2/4/2021 10:42 AM, N9UMJ wrote:
Hi Steve

What is the recommended download and install method? I thought I saw where there was a DV Switch installer available?

I have some idle time and would like to condense everything to on vps.

Thanks

Rick n9umj

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 10:36 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
The base install is pre-configured for a Mobile user. That does not stop you from re-configuring as you see fit. All the components are installed.
I hope that answers your question.

Steve N4IRS

On 2/4/2021 10:32 AM, N9UMJ wrote:
I'm running an older version of DV Switch on a vps, I would like to install it on a different VPS, I'm running Ubuntu on the old VPS and DV Switch and Running Debian Stretch on the New VPS.
If I made a fresh install on the Debian Stretch VPS what would be the best install process for this? I see there are new features and repo's available.

The current original version I'm using supports a multi repeater linked network...I looked at DV server and it appeared to be just for use with an individual  mobile user.
Please recommend the best method of making the change.

Thank You
Rick n9umj