Re: Brandmeister block DVSwitch

Steve N4IRS

I don't see where the multilink come into play. As far as frequency, unless it's a hotspot, the frequencies are not used. The only reason the frequencies need to be adjusted is that BM is leveraging the frequencies selected to protect from a misconfigured hotspot. We are providing the data the protocol needs in the format it expects it in. There is nothing fake about it. I don't like the politics either but I deal in the real world where politics play a part.

On 2/9/21 8:46 PM, Pierre Martel wrote:
Steve,
I am with you on this, but the BM team see the MMDVM protocol as a repeater or hotspot client, not as a multilink system.
And when you put a frequency that is not really in use, for them you are faking it.

I also don't like all this politics. but I am just a small admin of a small server..

Le mar. 9 févr. 2021 à 17:52, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> a écrit :
It is not a FAKE repeater connection. It is a MMDVM connection. I've made my feelings clear on the subject and as I've said, we will be supporting ODMRTP in the near future for single user configurations. For multi-user bridges we will continue as we are. If someone needs to add a instance of HB3 between MB and BM, so be it. I will post this again.

If you are connecting to BM, make sure your RX and TX frequency are set to a single frequency.

This is the default:
[Info]
RXFrequency=222340000
TXFrequency=224940000

Change it to:
[Info]
RXFrequency=224940000
TXFrequency=224940000

Steve N4IRS

On 2/9/21 5:11 PM, Pierre Martel wrote:
https://wiki.brandmeister.network/index.php/Open_DMR_Terminal_Protocol

But still if you ask for an open bridge link you will have it.

Is that so complicated? Unless you are doing something that is not wanted by the BM group, why try to hide behind a fake repeater connection?

I am doing a link to Brandmeister Canada to Allstarlink and Hamshack Hotline right now, I will follow the rules and on HH I asked for an HHX link (experimental) on Allstarlink they don't have rules to prevent linking to other networks that I know of, So I only requested a Node number and properly identified it. And on Brandmeister I talked to the admin on the Canadian server and he agreed to my project.  Took a whole 30 minute total to deal with this if all the action was put back to back.

Not a lot of red tape imho.

If there are rules like that it is because some users don't know what they are doing and create loops between networks. And that causes problems to the stability of the nets. BM is only protecting the networks they worked hard to put in place.

Pierre
VE2PF

Le mar. 9 févr. 2021 à 16:05, R. H. <ruediger.h@...> a écrit :
Sorry ... little Mistake ... open terminal protocol is that was Brandmeister want

Holen Sie sich Outlook für Android