Re: banned DVSwitch

Heiko DL1BZ

The use of OpenBridge only makes sense if using a system that works like a master (like Hblink). This is not a solution for client systems like DVSwitch mobile. Especially since it only works reliably with static IPs, which users normally do not have. If we speak of a server-2-server connection to create a bridge between two networks, I naturally agree with the choice of Openbridge as the preferred solution, which is exactly what has been implemented for this case.

As a developer, I would currently not want to follow the request of the German sysop team of the BM to move the developers to implement their own Open Terminal protocol. Do we really need that? Another protocol? Especially since it is currently only used by the BM as a result of their own prestige project with BOXCHIP.

73 Heiko, DL1BZ