Re: Another support option

Jeff Lehman, N8ACL

Click on the bots picture or name and it will take you to it’s profile then click message, click start and type in your callsign.

Jeff

On Feb 26, 2021, at 4:27 PM, Ian Tulley <ian@...> wrote:

It told me I was locked to read only, could not type anything after that message

Regards
Ian (VK2HK)

Typo's, autocorrect or spelling mistakes courtesy of both myself and my iPhone

On 27 Feb 2021, at 08:22, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

 You should send a private message to the bot with just your callsign. You will be able to rejoin in about 10 minutes.

On 2/26/21 4:14 PM, Ian Tulley wrote:
Hi Steve, tried to join, already telegram user, I got the message to send a PM within 10 minutes but where do I send a PM. After the 10 minutes I was removed and my username already has my callsign.
Now if I try to join again it tells me sorry this group is private.

Regards
Ian (VK2HK)

Typo's, autocorrect or spelling mistakes courtesy of both myself and my iPhone

On 27 Feb 2021, at 07:21, WD0FYF Gerald <wd0fyf@...> wrote:

I find the troubleshooting process and the tools used to delve into the workings of the machine very educational. I will miss them.

Gerald WD0FYF

On 2/26/2021 8:40 AM, Steve N4IRS wrote:
We have been aware that some of the support e-mails have caused so very large threads with short messages back and forth as I have worked to help a user through a problem. Some users who are subscribed to individual e-mails have been spamed by this and have unsubscribed. Digest subscription will solve this. I have not wanted to move this traffic to private e-mail since the purpose of groups.io is to provide a place where people can find similar issues and resolve them. Going to private e-mail removes the resolution from the forum.

So, we are going to try something different. We have a Telegram group setup Telegram to try to move some of the quick back and forth off groups.io. I will post the resolution on groups.io once we have a resolution.  To keep from having the Telegram room spammed by bots and people, we have implemented a system where you must verify you are a ham to join the room. This is a bot created by Vladimir AC2F and I must say, it's pretty cool. The invite link is Join DVSwitch Telegram group You must be a telegram user to join. There are quite a few ham related rooms. Join us.