Re: installing DVSwitch-server on Strech

Patrick Perdue

Thanks, got it.

On 3/6/2021 8:56 PM, Steve N4IRS wrote:
apt install dvswitch dvswitch-menu

On 3/6/21 8:52 PM, Patrick Perdue wrote:
OK, I only need this for a static bridge with ambe hardware anyway, so the dashboard isn't required. It is not installed now anyway, re: previous errors.

How can I then install dvswitch-server without the dashboard?

On 3/6/2021 8:49 PM, Steve N4IRS wrote:
You have a coupe of choices, and I think I know what you will choose:

1: You will need to install nodejs from an outside repository to get the dashboard to work, the you can install dvswitch server.
2: Install everything but the dashboard. Not really a big problem to do.

I would uninstall dvswitch-dashboard while you decide.

Steve

On 3/6/21 8:44 PM, Patrick Perdue wrote:
Hi:

I'm attempting to install DVSwitch-server on a Mac Mini converted to Debian 9, which is also running ASL with radio hardware connected, thus, why it's not running Buster.

Linux square 4.9.0-14-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.246-2 (2020-12-17) x86_64 GNU/Linux

root@square:~# apt-get install dvswitch-server
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 dvswitch-server : Depends: dvswitch-dashboard but it is not going to be installed
root@square:~#

This looks to have something to do with:

 node-ws : Depends: nodejs-dev (>= 4.8.2~dfsg-1~)
           Depends: nodejs-abi-46

How can I get around this?

Thanks and 73

de