Re: Monit stopped working, checking DVstick 30 is being used

Steve N4IRS

David,
Did you use the dvs menu to setup the DVstick30?

Steve N4IRS

On 3/7/21 5:31 AM, David J Taylor via groups.io wrote:
On 07/03/2021 08:33, Ernie Gm7kbk wrote:
Quickest way to see if its working is to look at the Dvstick.  Constant light will appear on Tx.

Or start AB in a window and watch the log. There will be a line saying using hardware.
Many thanks, Ernie.

I'm a little out of my depth here!  Lack of knowledge on this arrangement.

I don't see any LEDs glowing on the DVstick30 at all, but it's not often in transmit mode.  Is the DVstick used in DMR etc. or just in D-STAR?

I don't know how to start the AB from the command-line, so that I can watch the log.  If I use the dashboard and hover over the AB info I see:

[DV3000]
address: /dev/ttyAMA0
rxPort: 2460
serial: true

However I already have a GPS device which is on AMA0.  Shouldn't that be USB0, and if so, how do I correct?  I /thought/ I'd selected USB in the configuration screen.

There are other questions but let's get this resolved first!

Thanks,
David