Re: Monit stopped working, checking DVstick 30 is being used

W Paul Mills AC0HY

Installs that were upgraded from earlier distributions sometime put symbolic links from old to new locations so that things don't break on upgrade. But short answer is NO! If it is not broken, don't fix it. Current location of files is best going forward anyhow.

Paul

On 3/8/21 1:41 AM, David J Taylor via groups.io wrote:
On 08/03/2021 05:56, W Paul Mills AC0HY wrote:
Looks like you are mixing things from different linux distributions or
versions.

It is not finding "/usr/bin/systemctl" which is probably actually at
"/bin/systemctl"
It is not finding "/usr/bin/echo" which is probably at "/bin/echo"

Those are the obvious things I see as a long time linux user.
Thanks, Paul.

While Linux can be a a pain for incompatibility, I have simply installed the current version of DVswitch (based on Buster, I understand) on the current version of the Raspberry Pi OS (also based on Buster, Linux RasPi-18 4.19.66-v7+ #1253 SMP Thu Aug 15 11:49:46 BST 2019 armv7l). But I could easily be wrong.

Fortunately, it's working now, so I don't /need/ to change anything, but would you recommend a re-install, or any other changes?

Cheers,
David
--
* Amateur Radio Station AC0HY *