Re: Error when using AMBEserver

I'm now xperimnting with AB talking to the AMBE dongle over USB, but still no joy, even when using the actual /dev/ttyUSBn device name.

On 12/3/21 5:22 pm, Ernie Gm7kbk wrote:
I get the same problem. If I restart the ambeserver with AB running all will work fine for days.

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of Tony Langdon <vk3jed@...>
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2021 6:04:30 AM
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io>
Subject: [DVSwitch] Error when using AMBEserver

While I had a bit of spare time this morning, I decided to do a bit of
troubleshooting to find out why AB was apparently not using my ThumbDV
dongle for D-STAR (distorted audio being an obvious symptom!).

In test mode, I am using AMBEserver on localhost.  Eventually, I plan to
dedicate the AMBEserver to a remote instance of AB running on a VM, so
switching to local USB connection isn't an option.  Also, the AMBEserver
has previously been successfully used with BlueDV running in a local
Windows host.

I restarted AMBEserver, then restarted AB, and when AB attemoted to
connect, I got the following error repeated dozens of times by AMBEserver:

AMBEserver: invalid start byte when reading from the socket, 0x00

The system appears to recognise the AMBE dongle, and I am using a static
symlink (managed by udev rules), because there are multiple USB serial
devices, and using the ttyUSB device name would mean frequent manual
intervention.

--
73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com