As for not showing up on the dash board.  Only your 7 digit subscriber number will work as a user.  A subscriber cant add 01-99 to their ID or it becomes invalid.  Your device, such as a hot spot can be your 7 digit subscriber id and you may add 01-99 to it.  If it isn't showing on the dash then you are changing it in the wrong place.

The above is just the basics and not tied to just DVswitch or any of the different software applications.  You may want to do some google seach on MMDVM protocol or homebrew protocol and just read up on it.  It may answer a lot of your questions.

Corey  N3FE

On 2021-03-15 19:49, Steve N4IRS wrote:

One last time.
I told you to set duplex to 0 because that is the recommended method. When you asked about setting split frequencies I told you that you COULD use duplex. We strongly suggest people set the config for DMO. That is simplex so the frequencies need to match or BM will not accept the connection. As I said, if you set to duplex you have to set the frequencies to split or again, BM will not allow you to connect. As I said, if you choose to use duplex, remember we recommend people use DMO, BM treats the connection as a repeater. Repeaters have different rules from a DMO connection. A DMO connection
creates a static TG type. This TG stays until you disconnect it. For a repeater connection, the TG is timed. After a period of inactivity, the TG is disconnected. If you want to over ride this, go into selfcare and set the TG static.

Yes, the ID number you use to connect to BM can be 7 or 9 digit, if 9 digit, you can have 100 hotspot connections, each can be configured differently. The ID used to login to BM is NOT the ID that is displayed on the dashboard becaue it is not the station transmitting, that is defined in the AB.ini since an analog signal has no DMR ID. If you have a hotspot logged into to BM with an ID of 123456789 and your DMR radio is programmed with your DMR ID of 1234567, then 1234567 will be displayed on the lastheard. Corey can chime in and correct me here if I have missed something.

 I have not explained all the differences between DMO and repeater connection. In the next few weeks, we will provide a better method of connecting the BM. That is called Simple Terminal Feature Update. This protocol is what BM want us to use to connect to BM. It is a simpler connection with some features not available in DMO or repeater. It is in beta test now.

Some times the nuances of connectivity are not readily apparent. We have been connecting AllStar to DMR networks before there was a BrandMeister Network. I suggest you ask how something works, don't tell us how things work because sometimes you can't see the big picture without being around the systems for a while.

Steve N4IRS

On 3/15/21 7:21 PM, Ken KE2N via groups.io wrote:
OK - a while back you told me I needed to set duplex = 0 but now you are saying I can set it to either 1 or 0.  If it is set to zero, then the frequencies need to be the same.  But this is not my experience.  If I set it to 1, with different frequencies, after 5 minutes or so I can no longer bring up the connection from my DMR HT/repeater, unless I first key up the analog side. There is no error message in the log when it dies. It's like BM just stops talking to MMDVM_Bridge unless it has recently heard something going the other way. This problem does not happen with duplex=0.

As you point out, all the talk about frequencies is, of course, irrelevant to MMDVM_Bridge because its not an actual modem connected to a radio.

The answer to my question about the ID number is that it can be either the 7 digit number or a 9 digit number.  The extra digits let me see (in self-care) which hot spot is active. But that 9 digit number does not show up in Last Heard - only 7 digits are seen. And it does not show up in the DVSwitch dashboard. Is there some other place it would show up?

DMO is a new acronym for me. Direct Mode Operation - it seems was originally intended to distinguish from Repeater Mode Operation. For DMO the radio would operate simplex with only 1 time slot - or maybe no time slots at all.  But I guess DMO has taken on additional meaning having to do with hot spots and network protocol.

Sorry for being a bit thick about this.  I am trying to increase my level of understanding in fits and starts.

Ken