Re: Bridge

Steve N4IRS

BM is unhappy about any bridge they do not control.

BM is implementing controls to disallow mis-configured hotspots from connecting to their network. Some of our early configurations violate this and cause a connection to not complete. Here is what you need to check:
in /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/MMDVM_Bridge.ini

[General]
Callsign=N4IRS
Id=3112138
duplex=0

[Info]
RXFrequency=224940000
TXFrequency=224940000

Make sure your RX Frequency matches your TX frequency and that your callsign is correct for your DMRID+SSID

restart.

We have a replacement connection method in beta test now. That method, Simple Terminal Feature Update uses the connection method required by BM. Simple Terminal Feature Update is our answer to BM. We will release the software on March 1.

Steve N4IRS

On 3/22/2021 10:47 AM, Pierre Martel wrote:
It is not that they are unhappy about bridges.  What they don't like is the fact that some bridges are done in such a way that it creates loops between multiple networks.

Le lun. 22 mars 2021 à 10:33, mark rosenberg <4x1ks.mark@...> a écrit :
Something is going on with BM not happy about bridge service to allstar. I have a cloud server with allstar bridged to bm and i have heard that they consider bridges using cloud servers or rpi's to be troublesome

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020, 05:34 <ibjosh1985@...> wrote:
3165298