locked Re: Shaming for using an app

Jason - WY7JT

I've heard people complain about DVSwitch, yet they will use their Icom radio in terminal mode with the RF section off using the AMBE chip directly to the internet, or a dongle, or a DVMega Cast.... And IP access to ham radio is a blessing for a lot of older hams in hospitals, convalescing, in nursing homes.... they're able to get on nets, chat with their friends. God knows they can use the distraction. And because of the technology today we are still using radio, whether wifi, cellular, satellites....  Those complaining are free to use RF only repeater systems, but they'll probably be pretty bored just listening to ID messages all day. But then that's why we hear them on busier IP linked systems. Some people are just silly.

Jason - WY7JT