Re: #best_practices #dvs remote control of a vps running alstarlink and dvs #best_practices #dvs

Jeff Lehman, N8ACL

So everything you want to do is via asl. The problem you have is since you connected everything directly to the main node you will not be able to connect or disconnect anything on demand.

The way I do it is with multiple private nodes. I have a node for echolink a node for a dmr bridge a node for an xlx bridge. Then I use the startup macro on the main node to connect to all the private nodes on startup. Then if I need to disconnect a mode, link echolink for example, I just disconnect that node and it’s not on the system. Then I can connect it back.

You can do it with the html client by creating elements for connect node x, another for disconnect node x, another for connect node y etc etc. then you can connect and disconnect modes from there. In the TG element you would put someone like “*31999” to connect node x and then *21999 to disonnect node x

Hopefully that makes sense.

On Mar 26, 2021, at 18:25, Pierre Martel <petem001@...> wrote:

Sorry I could be asking an obvious question. But since I was not following the whole development of the dvs suite I am kind of lost right now

I have a vps that is running ASL that I installed from the repo, I also installed dvs server from the repo. And used the script to connect to BM Canada on a fix TG and I have Hamshack Hotline . I have what it seem all the other network ready but I have no Idea how I can connect them on demand or even in a fix way.
<dvs.png>

I tried to find how to connect the html client or the android app but I just cant find the proper way. I have no private node on the systeme. the node is reporting to ASL.

Should I add a private node?

Thanks
Pierre
VE2PF