Re: ASL>DStar noise problem

G7RPG - Peter Kendall

Steve,

Do you know if it is possible to manipulate the audio levels like you can with analog_bridge, DSTAR>ASL is quite low.

73
Peter

On 15/03/18 13:12, G7RPG - Peter Kendall wrote:

BINGO!

That fixed it, thanks Steve.

Its running under ESX and added an 'HD audio' device.

73
Peter

On 15/03/18 12:56, Steve N4IRS wrote:
OK, I may have to go back and find that message and edit it. DO you have a real sound device available in those pulldowns? If so select it. If not, can you add a simple sound device like a CM1xx and select it?

Steve

On 3/15/2018 8:53 AM, G7RPG - Peter Kendall wrote:

Hi Steve,

Yes, followed your instructions from a previous post.

Peter

On 15/03/18 12:47, Steve N4IRS wrote:
Peter,
I'm pulling this off the top of my head. Do you have the sound device in Dummy Repeater using snd-dummy?

73, Steve

On 3/15/2018 7:59 AM, G7RPG - Peter Kendall wrote:
Hi All,

I've got my Allstar node connected to DStar (DCS005E) using the dvswitch
modified version of dummy repeater.

All seems to be working well apart from a digital burst of noise that is
heard on DStar at the end of a transmission coming from ASL.

I've recorded an example here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APkGjoLxKPk

I wonder if anyone has any suggestions or has come across this before?

73
Peter
G7RPG