Re: Help with multiple instances of DV Switch

Steve N4IRS

Alex,
One thing we just discovered is that if you use a NNX for your private node number, you have to be careful how you connect to it. For example:
Public node 2148
NNX node 21489

2148 registers with allstarlink, 21489 does not.

There are 2 ways to connect your public to your private node. By convention you have the three functions: *3 *2 and *1 Normally you would send *321489 from a DTMF pad or rpt fun 2148 *321489 from the CLI. Well, *321489 does not work. We think because how AllStar parses the dial string. It seems to stop at 2148 and fail. All is not lost, you can still connect from the CLI. You can also create a custom command to do it:
819 = cmd,# rpt cmd 2148 ilink 3 21489

*221489 disconnect you.

Steve N4IRS

On 4/23/2021 10:06 AM, Alex MM7BDW wrote:
So Steve if I am understanding correctly. If I add a private node to my already existing configuration for the public node on ASL, then I can create two instances of each (MB,AB and MD380) and configure this to look at the private node with different USRP ports?

I've already copied MB,AB and MD380 into new directories and named them "2" and changed all the ports in the respective ini's. I'm sure I have read a doc somewhere before about the private node setup so should be able to follow that from there.

To sum up, I just need to have a private node setup within the existing rpt.conf and as long as the USRP ports are different from the original then this should work?

Thanks for your help Steve

Alex