Re: DR2 X connection options

Robin Williams

Hi Jeff.
What we have done here, is, we have a raspberry pi running pi-star sitting next to the repeater and connected to the internet . This is on the repeater frequencys. This pistar is connected to a reflector at my place. This reflector is accessed from anywhere. The repeater also has a hri200 connected directly to it and internet, so we have the best of both worlds.
Cheers
Robin

On Tue, 11 May 2021, 03:03 Jeff Dixon, <g6yiq.m5aio@...> wrote:
Gents
I have always said if you want to know ask an expert!
I am the keeper of a DR2 X based Wires x connected repeater, It has great coverage up and down a major road so we would rather not use it but some of our members live in RF holes where nothing gets in or out except internet and mobile phones.

I am looking for a reasonably priced way (not an HRi 200 and a £400 radio) that they can link to the repeater. Can we either build a private wires x /Openspot/Zumspot (internet wires X) reflectoer that is connected directly to the repeater or connect it to echolink in some way that still permits Yaesu Wires X/C4FM and FM operation?

Thank you