Re: DR2 X connection options

N9UMJ

Hi Robin

The raspberry pi you mentioned being on the repeater frequency? how are you feeding the audio into pistar on the raspberry pi? and what is the HRi200 connected into? The repeater or the pistar?
I have a DR1X that I'd like to put back online again and  considered bridging  ysf to wires X, Is that what you have done here?

Thanks

On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 5:03 PM Robin Williams <phonetechash@...> wrote:
Hi Jeff.
What we have done here, is, we have a raspberry pi running pi-star sitting next to the repeater and connected to the internet . This is on the repeater frequencys. This pistar is connected to a reflector at my place. This reflector is accessed from anywhere. The repeater also has a hri200 connected directly to it and internet, so we have the best of both worlds.
Cheers
Robin

On Tue, 11 May 2021, 03:03 Jeff Dixon, <g6yiq.m5aio@...> wrote:
Gents
I have always said if you want to know ask an expert!
I am the keeper of a DR2 X based Wires x connected repeater, It has great coverage up and down a major road so we would rather not use it but some of our members live in RF holes where nothing gets in or out except internet and mobile phones.

I am looking for a reasonably priced way (not an HRi 200 and a £400 radio) that they can link to the repeater. Can we either build a private wires x /Openspot/Zumspot (internet wires X) reflectoer that is connected directly to the repeater or connect it to echolink in some way that still permits Yaesu Wires X/C4FM and FM operation?

Thank you