Re: DR2 X connection options

Heiko DL1BZ

In addition, the DR2X don't work with MMDVM modems, only the DR1X works without modification and MMDVM modems. The background is, as far as I understand, you cannot switch the DR2X to 9k6 mode (DISC in/out) anymore at the remote connector, with the DR1X this was possible. But I think, in principle, it could be possible. Inside the DR2 there are two main units from the FTM400 as I know, which have the option to work in 9k6 mode. Maybe you can use a FTM400 display unit for setup of the two internal TRX for 9k6 mode operation. WIth the original repeater control that don't work with the DR2X (DR1X yes). I assume YAESU that they deliberately removed this option (DISC in/out) from the DR2X.

73 Heiko, DL1BZ