YSFReflector X commands causing BM loop ban [SOLVED]

scot forshaw

[SOLVED]
[SOLUTION]
Setting a "hangTimerInFrames = 60" in the DVSwitch.ini [DMR] and [YSF] stanzas has forced transmissions to BM to be made a minimum of 7 seconds, preventing "User Blocked" messages from the DMR side.

Since starting the thread I have systematically adjusted the settings in my DVSwitch.ini and MMDVM_Bridge.ini files until the option that controls the BM tail time was found. 
To recap, I run 2 x MMDVM_Bridge instances on 1 device. One for DMR itself and one for YSF <--> DMR. 

The problem was short presses of the X button and Search & Direct caused BM loop ban "user blocked" messages on the bridge SSID (A well known issue)

The solution was in DVSwitch.ini, in the YSF <--> DMR instance I added < hangTimerInFrames = 60 >

In the [DMR] stanza I added : <hangTimerInFrames = 60        ; Use 50 for 3 seconds of hang time (3000 / 60)>

; Configure the DMR Partner
; Audio format is AMBE 72 bit
[DMR]
Address = 127.0.0.1             ; Address to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)
TXPort = 31101                  ; Port to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)
RXPort = 31104                  ; Port to listen on (import)
Slot = 2                        ; Export slot
hangTimerInFrames = 60        ; Use 50 for 3 seconds of hang time (3000 / 60)

In the [YSF] stanza I added the same  <hangTimerInFrames = 60        ; Use 50 for 3 seconds of hang time (3000 / 60)>

; Configure the Yaesu Fusion Partner
; Audio format is AMBE 72 bit
; Audio format is IMBE 88 bit
[YSF]
Address = 127.0.0.1             ; Address to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)
TXPort = 31104                  ; Port to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)
RXPort = 31101                  ; Port to listen on (import)
FallbackID = 2347857            ; In case we can not find a valid DMR id in the database, export this one
ExportTG = 23591                ; Which TG to export
Slot = 2                        ; Export slot
hangTimerInFrames = 60        ; Use 50 for 3 seconds of hang time (3000 / 60)

This has led to a much safer 7 second tail time on BM confirmed by watching the last heard TX times when pressing the X button or a single short PTT press.
Yes it means a lengthy pause for the stations using the link but as GB-CCARC is only a small group of users it isn't a problem and encourages stations to take a pause anyway :) 

Thanks
Scot
2E0WWV

Join main@DVSwitch.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.