Re: Noob, wishing to tap into the wisdom here

Steve N4IRS

Doable? Yes. Some problems, accessing a DMR repeater comes to mind. DMR simplex will work. The hotspot board is low power. DVSwitch Server, Maybe Hblink, MMDVMHost. I'm on my phone so limited answer.

Sent via smoke signal (AT&T)

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of mark weisenfeld <mark.wfeld@...>
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2021 6:21:03 PM
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io>
Subject: [DVSwitch] Noob, wishing to tap into the wisdom here

Hey guys (gals),

I have a desire/dream to build a device wherein I connect a UHF FM radio & antenna to, an interface board, a Raspberry Pi, and then some sort of spkr/mic/PTT arrangement that will allow me to TX/RX in the 3 major digital protocols (DMR/D-Star/YSF), all from the same setup.
I do not expect to do all these at once. Even if I had to reboot the device to switch modes, just as long as it could do all 3, that would be fine.

I have the
STM32_DVM_v4, a Pi 3 B+, and one of those DV300U USB sticks from NWdigitalradio.com

I have been a software dev/dev-ops/tech svcs worker for over 20 years.
I have both mocked people who say it, and also said myself,  "It can't be that hard."

Can you point me in the right direction in this group?

Thanks