Re: Noob, wishing to tap into the wisdom here

Steve N4IRS

Actually, it's not about the switching, it's about MMDVMHost not being a repeater client. It will be a repeater, but not a client.

Sent via smoke signal (AT&T)

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of Tony Langdon <vk3jed@...>
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2021 7:32:48 PM
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] Noob, wishing to tap into the wisdom here

The basic idea will work for all modes except DMR.  In fact, there now exists an implementation that uses a MMDVM modem (can use a hotspot board for QRPP) into a 9600 bps capable radio.  Currently, this sort of modem only exists for M17, but other modes could conceivably be added.  Some modes (especially D-STAR) would also require a hardware AMBE vocoder, such as a ThumbDV.  DMR deserves special mention, because of the T/R switching requirements for proper repeater operation, as you alluded to.

There was an announcement abour M17Client on the OpenDV group.  I've been testing M17Client with a Repeater Builders MMDVM modem and a Yaesu FT-8900 with great results.  I have been using this with a MMDVM based repeater that I have on test here.

On 22/6/21 8:31 am, Steve N4IRS wrote:
Doable? Yes. Some problems, accessing a DMR repeater comes to mind. DMR simplex will work. The hotspot board is low power. DVSwitch Server, Maybe Hblink, MMDVMHost. I'm on my phone so limited answer.

Sent via smoke signal (AT&T)